The NetMetal is a 802.11a/n/ac wireless device in a waterproof metal enclosure. Its rugged design is made to withstand the toughest conditions, but at the same time is easy to use and can be opened and closed with one hand. The solid aluminum enclosure also works as a reliable heat-sink for it’s high output power radio. It is sealed to conform with the IP66 standard.
The NetMetal is equipped with powerful 720Mhz CPU, 128MB RAM, one Gigabit Ethernet port, 802.11ac wireless, one SFP cage, USB, RP-SMA connectors for external antennas and RouterOS L4 license.
RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM version is equipped with Super High power 2000mW 3x3 Tripple Chain 802.11ac wireless and three RP-SMA connectors for external antennas
- RB921UAGS-5SHPacD-NM-US (USA) is factory locked for 5170-5250MHz and 5725-5835MHz frequencies. This lock can not be removed.
- RB921UAGS-5SHPacD-NM (International) supports 5150MHz-5875MHz range.
|10/100/1000 Ethernet ports||1|
|CPU core count||1|
|CPU nominal frequency||720 MHz|
|Max Power consumption||21W|
|Number of USB ports||1|
|Number of chains||3|
|PCB temperature monitor||Yes|
|PoE in||Passive PoE|
|Size of RAM||128 MB|
|Storage size||128 MB|
|USB Power Reset||Yes|
|USB slot type||USB type A|
|Wireless 5 GHz chip model||QCA9880|
|Wireless 5 GHz standards||802.11ac|
|Transmit power (dBm)||Receive Sensitivity||Transmit power (mW)|
Ethernet test results
|RB921UAGS-5SHPacT-NM||QCA9557 1G all port test|
|Mode||Configuration||1518 byte||512 byte||64 byte|
|Bridging||none (fast path)||81.2||986.1||234.9||962.2||477.7||244.6|
|Bridging||25 bridge filter rules||81.2||986.1||118.4||485.0||119.5||61.2|
|Routing||none (fast path)||81.2||986.1||234.9||962.2||408.2||209.0|
|Routing||25 simple queues||81.2||986.1||158.3||648.4||165.8||84.9|
|Routing||25 ip filter rules||64.8||786.9||70.4||288.4||60.9||31.2|
- All tests are done with Xena Networks specialized test equipment (XenaBay),and done according to RFC2544 (Xena2544)
- Max throughput is determined with 30+ second attempts with 0,1% packet loss tolerance in 64, 512, 1518 byte packet sizes
- Values in Italic indicate that max throughput was reached without maxing out CPU, but because board interface configuration was maxed out
- Test results show device maximum performance, and are reached using mentioned hardware and software configuration, different configurations most likely will result in lower results