RouterBOARD 953GS-5HnT-RP is our first product with 5GHz 3x3 MIMO Triple Chain support. It has a powerful (up to 1600mW!) Atheros QCA9558 CPU 802.11a/n wireless support with three RPSMA connectors.
RB953GS-5HnT is equipped with a new Scorpion 720Mhz CPU, 128MB RAM and three Gigabit Ethernet ports, to take advantage of high-speed 3x3 MIMO wireless. Moreover, it comes with two SFP cages to accommodate FTTH and fiber ring requirements.
Handy additions are two miniPCI-express slots and two SIM slots, for multiple 3G/4G connections or wireless expansion.
Unit comes with preinstalled RouterOS Level5 license.
- RB953GS-5HnT-RP-US (USA) is factory locked for 5170-5250MHz and 5725-5835MHz frequencies. This lock can not be removed.
- RB953GS-5HnT-RP (International) supports 5150MHz-5875MHz range (Specific frequency range can be limited by country regulations).
|CPU core count||1|
|CPU nominal frequency||720 MHz|
|Size of RAM||128 MB|
|Storage size||128 MB|
|Tested ambient temperature||-40°C .. +70°C tested|
|Max Power consumption||25W|
|Number of DC inputs||2 (DC jack, PoE-IN)|
|PoE in||Passive PoE|
|DC jack input Voltage||11-30 V|
|PoE in input Voltage||11-30 V|
|Wireless 5 GHz number of chains||3|
|Wireless 5 GHz standards||802.11a/n|
|Wireless 5 GHz chip model||QCA9558|
|10/100/1000 Ethernet ports||3|
|Number of SIM slots||2|
|Number of USB ports||1|
|USB Power Reset||Yes|
|USB slot type||USB type A|
|PCB temperature monitor||Yes|
|Transmit (dBm)||Receive Sensitivity|
Ethernet test results
|RB953GS-5HnT-RP||QCA9558 1G all port test|
|Mode||Configuration||1518 byte||512 byte||64 byte|
|Bridging||none (fast path)||161.9||1,966.1||345.5||1,415.2||435.6||223.0|
|Bridging||25 bridge filter rules||125.5||1,524.1||126.5||518.1||128.8||65.9|
|Routing||none (fast path)||161.9||1,966.1||334.2||1,368.9||397.9||203.7|
|Routing||25 simple queues||161.9||1,966.1||183.9||753.3||203.3||104.1|
|Routing||25 ip filter rules||78.1||948.4||77.8||318.7||77.5||39.7|
- All tests are done with Xena Networks specialized test equipment (XenaBay),and done according to RFC2544 (Xena2544)
- Max throughput is determined with 30+ second attempts with 0,1% packet loss tolerance in 64, 512, 1518 byte packet sizes
- Values in Italic indicate that max throughput was reached without maxing out CPU, but because board interface configuration was maxed out
- Test results show device maximum performance, and are reached using mentioned hardware and software configuration, different configurations most likely will result in lower results